Shooter.cn and SPlayer are a small team with a big mission: to break language barrier.
To achieve this, we're seeking talented engineers to work on some of the most interesting problems in our systems.
We're looking for individuals who demonstrate initiative and passion for our goal and are as enthusiastic as we are about bringing warehouse-scale computing to the masses.
We are looking for an engineer to join our team in Shanghai or Los Angeles. We are building new services on top of our shooter.cn APIs.
As a member of our team, we’ll want you to:
- Create software services in Go which automate the lifecycle of applications, providing APIs, and utilize available translating APIs from google, amazon
- Codify best practices by creating tools, SDKs, and utilities which enable and accelerate the development of our subtitle services
- Be comfortable with databases, using SQL
- Be emphatic about good development practices: code review and writing tests should be second nature
- Take an active role in the emerging landscape of application containers and orchestration systems
Your aptitude and willingness to learn is just as important to us as your existing knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a highly collaborative team environment
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Some design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a constant desire to improve, learn more, and leave things better than you found them.
- Open source development
- Go programming language
- Linux container technologies (Docker, rkt)
- Linux systems administration
- Practical use and debugging of distributed systems