This position is based in Shanghai or Los Angeles.
If you were to join SPlayer, here are the kinds of things you would do over the course of a typical week:
- Build new features in Electron to support our large-and-growing user base
- Jump into the Chromium bug databases to track down issues
- Collaborate with the open source community to improve Electron
- Build awesome web / native hybrid extensions to help make our users feel at home on any platform
- Troubleshoot OS or hardware-specific bugs, and write the code to resolve them
- Collaborate with our desktop team to decide how a SPlayer Desktop feature should work
- Work with our support team to track down and fix Electron-specific issues
Here are things that we consider critical to being an Electron Engineer at SPlayer:
- You are curious about how things work.
- You’ve made contributions to Electron and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You have strong communication skills. You're able to explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers in a clear, concise manner.
- You also know that the internet is a scary place and understand security concepts deeply and can put them into action to protect us and our users.
- You know the Chromium and Node.js platforms really well, and know what it’s like to try to work around quirks in the system.
- When things break — you are eager and able to help fix things.
- Others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a highly collaborative team environment
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a constant desire to improve, learn more, and leave things better than you found them.
- Experience with jQuery, Handlebars, or LESS
- Experience with WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience designing web sites or applications